Guitar Wiki is a community site that anyone can contribute to. Discover, share and add your knowledge!
View full main page
To write a new article, just enter the title in the box below.
- Talk and more...
- Check out the community portal to see what the community is working on, to give feedback or just to say hi.
Error: Image is invalid or non-existent.
|Overview · Searching · Editing · Help|
Disturbed is a rock band from Chicago, Illinois. The group was formed in 1996 when musicians Dan Donegan, Steve "Fuzz" Kmak, and Mike Wengren hired singer David Draiman. They have sold over 10 million albums worldwide, and released three consecutive #1 albums. More notably, only six other rock bands have released three #1 albums in a row: Van Halen, Pearl Jam, U2, Dave Matthews Band, Staind, and Metallica. Originally classified as a nu metal band, they are now regarded as alternative metal. However, the band's genre is still being debated. When asked about die-hard heavy metal fans not finding Disturbed heavy enough, frontman David Draiman stated:
- We probably have too much melody going on or we're not quite as turbulent or caustic. While I really love that type of music, it's not what we try to do. If we have to place things in context, we're more hard rock than heavy metal these days.
- It is advised to always drink a lot of milk whenever discomfort is felt. If milk is not consumed and guitar exercise/practice is continued; wrist or hand injuries might occur. Milk is always good to drink due to the high amounts of vitamin D and calcium in it.
- A healthy diet also helps with keeping your stamina up so you can shred all day long.
- Never have your pick hand be too stiff, otherwise, injuries may occur and the looser you are the more comfortable playing the guitar will be.
- Playing Guitar Hero does not help with your real guitar abilities.
- WikiGuitar joins Wikia!
WikiGuitar started in November 2005, just months after the Guitar Wiki at Wikia was launched. In September 2009, WikiGuitar merged with Wikia, introducing more than 250 new articles to this site. We welcome all of the editors of WikiGuitar and hope they will sign up and join us in creating the number one guitar resource!