|Reading Chord Diagrams | First Chords | Reading Tablature | First Tabs | Mixing it up|
Getting the Beat Edit
As we said before, there is a problem with tabs in that they don't tell you everything - you have to listen to the song you're playing as tabs were developed to help guitar players learn songs they have heard.
Select from the list below, listen to the song, and then attempt to play the song. Take a look at Practicing tips for information that can help you learn faster.
It may be hard to believe, but experienced guitar players can pick up a tab and play it at full speed having never played it before. You won't reach that level for a long time as a beginnner, but with practice and time you certainly will. You might want to start with these or the ones below.
Some Tabs to Try Edit
- Long Black Veil - Dave Matthews Band - This tab features Double-Stops. If you're up for the challenge, read into them a little on this site then give it a go!
- Weapon - Matthew Good - This song has a cool beginning that you can practice. Be sure you've heard the song first.
- Motorcycle Drive By - Third Eye Blind - This is the first song I learned on a guitar. My friends sure were impressed! Dan 08:28, 11 August 2006 (MDT)
- Super Mario Brothers Theme This song is great for impressing people as well, and it's fun to learn.
- Romance de amorIf you're going classical(you can use this with any type of guitar but this requires a lot of fingerpicking)this is a great piece to try.
For all these tabs you may want to search up on youtube for how they're supposed to sound and the timing